Plan7 Endurance Coaching Video Interview
I have been following Dave Harward for awhile (https://www.facebook.com/Plan7Coaching) and have been really, really impressed with Dave and what he accomplishes with the athletes he trains. Actually, Dave himself was awarded the “2010 & 2012 Utah State Elite Criterium Champion, the 2004 Utah State Elite Road Race Champion, and has finished with a 2nd place State Championship Road Race performance in 2006, 2008, and 2010. He won the Utah Criterium Series 9 consecutive years from 2004-2012. In 2012 he also took a bronze medal in the USAC Mountain Bike XC Category 1 National Championships.” (http://plan7coaching.com/about/).
WOW. So, I reached out to Dave and he has actually become my “virtual” coach. I live in Idaho and he lives in Utah – so it is close enough for me to take a trip (about 3 and 1/2 hours) to go see him if I need to. He did a 20 minute test with me and also did my bike fit. Now he is training me by setting up training rides for me every day. All I do is upload them to my CompuTrainer and I get the exact ride in that he has dialed down for me and my weaknesses and strengths. Amazing! (And painfully hard… I have spent more time in the hurt locker than I ever thought of before Dave started coaching me!)
So this video is the two of us chatting. I am interviewing him, but it’s a whole lot like two guys just talking about cycling. The great thing is that I get to ask questions and listen to Dave’s expert advice… and you can, too!
How to find Dave
You can find Dave at plan7coaching.com – you can email him at email@example.com or give him a call at 801-661-7988. Dave’s training headquarters, House of Watts, is located in Utah.
Just a few things we cover in the video interview:
- When I train with my 15 year old son and a good friend of mine (who is a little older than me) we are using my training rides. How do we train together effectively? Or can we?
- Non-intrusive testing to help create personalized training programs – what to expect when you first sign up with a coach
- Thoughts on bike fits (Dave is trained as a BikeFit Systems Pro Fitter in addition to training as a Master Level Fit Technician with Body Geometry).
- Most important components to consider during an endurance race – what will make or break you!
- What to look for in a coach
- …and more!
Hope you enjoy! 🙂