I first saw the Better Bicycle Bell on Kickstarter, and it did extremely well there! I love, love, love anything that is innovative and is dedicated to the cycling world and making it a better place.
SpurCycle’s goal with creating the Ringer Bell was – and I quote – “to create a bell that is exceedingly effective in busy, urban environments AND looks sexy on a bike.”
The Ringer Bell is really small and weighs in at about 42 grams. Its streamlined, modern design will only add the cool factor to the bike (unlike clunky bike bells of the past). But don’t let the small, sleek design fool you! They say dynamite comes in small packages and, well, this bell packs a big punch (sound)!
If you would like to check out the Kickstarter video (funding is over) to get a feel for the bell, the creators, and ingenuity behind it, you can check it out here: Better Bicycle Bell Kickstarter Video.
You can also currently pre-order the bell here: http://www.spurcycle.com.
NOW –> on to the interview!
Since I love to see people creating great things for the cycling world, I decided I would like to talk to the inventors of the bell and give them more exposure as well as let my cycling community know some cool new things available to them.
Here is a quick rundown of questions/discussions asked during the interview:
1. Tell us about the Ringer Bell
2. How many decibels is the bell?
3. Is there such a thing as “bell etiquette?”
4. What is your advice for others trying to do a Kickstarter project?
5. Any more Kickstarter projects coming up for you soon?
6. Is the bell working only for the cycling market (example: door bell, etc)
7. Is there anything you would change about the Ringer Bell now?
8. Where can you buy the Ringer Bell? (http://www.spurcycle.com)
9. Anything else you would like to add about your bell?